The Australian MRI-Linac is 12-tonnes of MRI scanner and linear accelerator integrated in to one system, it is housed at Ingham Institute’s research bunker within South West Sydney’s Cancer Therapy Centre at Liverpool Hospital.
This program is one of very few operations developing MRI-Linac technology, the Australian MRI-Linac includes several design and technology features that are unique only to this device, it is the first high-field ‘inline’ system.
The Australian MRI-Linac Program involves collaboration between numerous universities and scientific organisations including:
- Western Sydney University
- University of New South Wales
- University of Sydney
- University of Newcastle
- University of Wollongong
- University of Queensland
- Stanford University
The Program has also been the successful recipient of grant funding from the following:
- Australian Government Health & Hospitals Fund
- National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC)
- Radiation Oncology Trust Fund for Liverpool & Macarthur Cancer Therapy and
- Sydney South West Area Health Service